Grants of $350 and grants of $850 to Montana local governments, tribes, nonprofit organizations, and IHEs for the planting of trees in communities throughout the state. Funding is intended to support the purchase and planting of one tree or more in honor of Arbor Day. Funds may be used only for trees and not for any other plant materials.
- City or Township Governments
- County Governments
- Native American Tribal Governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher knowledge
- Non-Profit organization representing a community
- Grant application opens 12:00 P.M. on 12/18/23
- Closes at 5:00 P.M. on 2/16/24
Grant recipients are required to submit an Arbor Day Proclamation.
These grants are awarded on a first come basis to approved projects with a complete application (i.e., signed proclamation submitted) until funds are depleted.
No match is required for this grant, however tracking of excess funds spent and volunteer time is strongly encouraged.
Only one application per Montana community will be accepted.
Estimated Size of Grant
- All communities are eligible for a $350 grant
- Tree City USA communities are eligible for a $850 grant